Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Up and Running...

Alright, alright!

It's nice to see everyone logging on and even beginning to comment. Don't forget about that survey on the right side of the screen. We are all interested in what stage you feel you are WITH YOUR STUDENTS. I know there is definitely a higher level of comfort with staff.

To start the ball rolling, I am curious if anyone has had any success with students calling fouls in class. That is one (of many) thing that we have yet to truly embrace.

Thoughts?

P.S. please help in getting everyone else signed up and logged on

2 comments:

  1. My students are still working on using the "help" signal. We haven't gotten to the fouls yet, but I think that may be a great thing to introduce and help them use. I was hoping to get some input to help me through my rough afternoon today. I felt like I was re-addressing the entire class and asking the questions we went over on Wednesday too many times. I think I need to do better with following through with consequences to start with, but Ginny and I had some other ideas also. I find it difficult to call home right away while I still have other students in the room. What does everyone think about a time-out form that can document time-outs out of our rooms that parents would need to sign also? We were thinking it could be very similar to the office referral form. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used a behavior clipboard in the past that documents when people are in time outs. I can use that document for parent phone calls or conferences to show how frequently a student is in time out. I agree, it is hard to follow up with a phone call each time. I've missed a few phone calls here and there this year. I'm interested in seeing what you guys come up with for a time-out form...

    ReplyDelete